Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
“Safer Lives, Safer Ships, Cleaner Seas”
Among its responsabilities :
- ensuring that ships meet international and UK safety standards,
- monitoring and preventing coastal water pollution
- testing and issuing Merchant Navy Certificates of Competency (licences) for ships’ officers and crew to STCW requirements.
We stock MCA Official publications such as Official logbooks for Oil, Garbage, Gmdss, COSWOP, and others
The Royal yachting association (RYA)
Over 100 publications, all written by leading experts, providing the most up-to-date and informative advice available in an attractive and reader-friendly format.
All their titles are created to be industry-leading how-to guides and support all RYA activities including RYA training.
Whether it is revising for your RYA Yachtmaster exam, refining your dinghy racing technique, or starting to windsurf.
Pass your Yachmaster or Motor cruising & Yachmaster or Personnal logbook are among the RYA titles available in the store.
International Maritime organisation (IMO)
IMO has always paid great attention to the improvement of navigational safety.
Since 1959 a whole series of measures have been introduced, in the form of conventions, recommendations and other instruments.
The best known and most important of these measures are conventions, three of which are particularly relevant to navigation.
- the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974 (SOLAS);
- the Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREG);
- the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1978 (STCW).
IAMSAR manual, Internationnal Code of Signals or Life Saving Appliance are among the titles you can find in the store
International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
ITU is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies – ICTs.
ITU’s Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) coordinates this vast and growing range of radiocommunication services, as well as the international management of the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits.
They issue publications like the list of ship sttion and maritime mobile service identity assignments.
List of ship stations, manual for use by the maritime mobile are some reference that can be found in the stock.
The Stationary Office (TSO)
TSO is the largest publisher in the UK by volume offering a comprehensive bibliographic database of over 700,000 titles.
Code of safe working practice are among the titles they publish for MCA.